BOTOX is a type of injectable treatment made from a purified form of botulinum toxin. It is most often used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly on the forehead and around the eyes. It can also be used to reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile. BOTOX does not remove wrinkles; rather, it temporarily paralyzes the muscles that cause wrinkles. As a result, the overlying skin remains smooth and wrinkle-free. BOTOX can also be used to treat excessive underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis).
BOTOX is a temporary treatment. The effects of BOTOX typically last about three to six months, at which time the treatment must be repeated in order to maintain results.
Who Would Get BOTOX?
BOTOX is used to treat moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows by reducing muscle tension in the forehead. If you have deep frown lines between your eyebrows, BOTOX may be a good treatment option for you.
FDA-approved, Botox Cosmetic and Botox Therapeutic are brand names for BOTOX.
How Does BOTOX Work?
BOTOX® is injected directly into the muscles of your forehead, nose, or mouth to temporarily paralyze muscles and smooth wrinkles. BOTOX® works best for frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles. Results typically last about three months.
Dermal fillers are treatments that add volume to targeted parts of the face. They consist of hyaluronic acid gel, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body. This substance attracts water. When the hyaluronic acid gel is injected into the skin, it acts as a “sponge” that pushes out unwanted wrinkles.
The FDA-approved dermal filler injections are considered a more safe alternative to invasive surgical treatments.
What Are the Types of Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that have various uses:
- Smile enhancement: Some patients have “gummy” smiles due to missing teeth, small teeth, or thin lips. A dermal filler can be used to help reshape the smile.
- Lip enhancement: Thin lips can be plumped up to look complete.
- Scar treatment: Some dermal fillers can be used to treat scars, such as those caused by acne.
- Wrinkle treatment: Wrinkles can be smoothed out with a dermal filler.
- Skin rejuvenation: In some cases, a dermal filler can be used to help restore volume and create a more youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers can also be used to treat the following conditions:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Smooth out frown lines and lines around the mouth and oral commissures
- Rejuvenate the lips
- Addresses under-eye hollows
- Treat smoker’s lines
- Treat lines in the neck
- Increase volume in the cheeks, chin, temples, jawline
- Improve sagging skin and rejuvenate the jawline and jowls
Schedule a consultation with our team by calling the Infinity Dental office or by contacting us online to know more about BOTOX and Fillers. We would be happy to help.