Are you looking to brighten the color of your teeth? Professional teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that uses whitening gels to cosmetically remove stains and discolorations from teeth and enhance their natural whiteness.
Types of Enamel Stains
Dental stains can be classified as intrinsic and extrinsic stains. Intrinsic stains are inside the tooth, whereas extrinsic stains are on the surface of the enamel. Although teeth whitening gels cannot penetrate deep inside the enamel to remove intrinsic stains, they can effectively remove surface stains caused by medication, diet and beverage choices, bad oral hygiene, chewing tobacco, etc. Cosmetic teeth whitening procedures aim at minimizing and reducing surface stains.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a non-invasive, chairside teeth whitening procedure that is more effective than using over-the-counter teeth whitening products. You can expect to obtain a much whiter and brighter tooth through a procedure that is painless and safe. Whiter and glowing teeth have the potential to change the appearance of your smile to make you look younger and more attractive.
- In-office teeth whitening:Professional in-office teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure that uses bleaching agents (whitening gels) to produce immediately visible results.
- KöR Teeth Whitening:KöR teeth whitening is known as the most powerful teeth whitening procedure that gives effective results. This teeth whitening system uses a dual-activated, tri-barrel hydremide peroxide formulation that effectively works on removing your dental stains.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
- Teeth whitening kits: Teeth whitening is safe and effective. We offer at-home teeth whitening kits that include custom-fit mouth trays and whitening gel. They produce better results than over-the-counter whitening products. To whiten your teeth, wear your custom-fit trays filled with whitening gel. Your teeth will get soaked in the gel, allowing the whitening process to occur. The whitening gel contains an active ingredient that breaks down the stain molecules on your teeth.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste:Toothpaste that has whitening ingredients can actually help your teeth whiten, but don’t expect dramatic results. Whitening toothpaste is designed to remove surface stains, but it does not bleach away stains that have built up over the years. Whitening toothpaste can brighten your smile, but gradually. If you do use whitening toothpaste, be careful not to overuse it. Excessive brushing or overuse of whitening toothpaste can wear away the outermost layer of your teeth, called the enamel.
- Bleaching trays and strips: Trays and strips, which are also called bleach trays, are molds that are formed to fit your teeth. These molds are typically made out of a soft plastic material. The trays are then filled with a whitening solution that contains either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. The tray is worn over the teeth for approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Schedule a consultation with our team by calling the Infinity Dental office or by contacting us online to know more about teeth whitening. We would be happy to help.